Sister Marie Olivette Weiss, OSF, 99, who ministered at St. Nicholas School in Egg Harbor in the 1940s, died in Assisi House, Aston, Pa, on July 24.
She was a professed member of the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia for 79 years, and would have celebrated her 100th birthday in December.
Sister Mary Olivette (Gertrude Mary Weiss) was born in Trenton. She entered the congregation in 1930 and professed her first vows in 1933.
From 1942-1944, Sister Mary Olivette taught at St. Nicholas School in Egg Harbor. She ministered for 41 years in the Diocese of Trenton, 24 years in the Diocese of Harrisburg, Pa., and in other East Coast dioceses.
In 2009, she moved to Assisi House, the congregation’s retirement residence in Aston, where she served in prayer ministry until her death.
A Mass of Christian Burial was held on July 27 at Assisi House, and burial was in Our Lady of Angels Cemetery in Aston. She is survived by nieces, nephews, and by her Franciscan family.
Donations in her name can be made to the Sisters of St. Francis Foundation, 609 S. Convent Road, Aston, Pa 19014.
|< Prev||Next >|